Making Parts for the Music Cart

I've been spending the last few weeks making parts for the music cart. So far, I've made most of the parts that I will use for the frame.

The first parts finished parts are the two tubes where the mallet strike mechanisms will be mounted to. Each mechanism will be mounted to this bolt pattern.

Clamps! Clamps!

Here is the setup that I used. Note the many clamps.

Wheel Mount

Here is the mount for the front wheel. This is the first, admittedly small, finished sub-assembly. More finished components to come!

Next Steps

The next steps are to weld the frame, assemble the mallet strike mechanisms, make the tuned bars, finish the drive train, and assemble the entire sculpture.

It's going to be a busy week!

social